Marion Medical Mission
Shallow Wells for Clean Water in Africa
|"And if anyone gives even a cup of cold water to one of these little ones because he is my disciple, I tell you the truth, he will certainly not lose his reward."|
Greetings in Christ's name! The Marion Medical Mission (MMM) is a non-profit Christian organization that combines humanitarian volunteer action with self-help projects to provide safe water, assist in building schools and meeting medical needs, empower local communities and foster inter-cultural relationships with the people of Africa. If you are looking for an experience that will change your life and the lives of others, MMM invites you to join our corps of volunteers.
MMM is planning to send 2 teams of volunteers to Africa during the months of September and October 2013 to assist with this year's projects. Team members are asked to commit to a minimum of approximately 25 days duty.
The estimated dates for Team 1 are Sept 13 - Oct 7 and for Team 2 are Oct 4 - Oct 28.
We estimate the cost of a 3-week trip to be about $3000 to $4000. You pay actual costs, which can vary, based on current airfares, length of stay, and costs of immunizations (Immunization cost may vary according to your insurance coverage--it may be as much as $500) etc.
WE NEED YOUR APPLICATION AS SOON AS POSSIBLE! Complete and sign the Application Form, the Program Policies Form and "Hold Harmless" Waiver and RETURN THEM TO US WITHIN TWO WEEKS.
Decisions on acceptance or rejection will not be made until April. Applicants will be notified no later than April 15th.
ALL APPLICANTS MUST SUBMIT AN APPLICATION (volunteer veterans see below)
There are 3 documents that are needed for your application. They are all available in both PDF and Microsoft Word format (which may allow you to fill it out electronically and print it). You must submit all 3 as part of your application process.
Application Form: PDF MS_WORD
Health Form: PDF MS_WORD
Waiver: PDF MS_WORD
You can also request a paper application by writing MMM at
Marion Medical Mission
1412 Shawnee Dr.
Marion, IL 62959
or calling at (618)997-5365 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Print out the application; Fill it out completely and submit it as instructed.
1. Complete the application form and "Hold Harmless" Waiver and return to us within two weeks. Have your reference forms filled out by two people who have known you for more than three years. Please use your pastor or spiritual mentor as one reference and an employer as the second reference, if possible. Instruct each reference person to send the form in a sealed envelope (postage and envelope provided by you) directly to MMM.
2. Applications are due by March 31st. Decisions on acceptance or rejection will not be made until April. Applicants will be notified no later than April 15th.
2. Applications will be reviewed on a first-come, first-serve basis. Our teams are small and interest is high this year, so get your application in early. We will contact you for an interview after receipt of all application materials (except as noted in 4 below). Regardless of your expressed team preference, we reserve the right to request you to serve on either team to best meet the needs of the mission.
3. Applications may be approved subject to MMMs acceptance of your health form and receipt of proof of out-of-country health insurance.
4. You must complete all immunizations required by your health service for travel to Malawi in southern Africa. See a list of required immunizations here.
Previous volunteers need only complete the General Information portion of the application. You do not need to provide references after your first trip.
All applicants, however, need to sign and have notarized the Waiver and have the medical form signed by you and your physician.
Thank you for considering serving as volunteer with the MMM. You can begin helping now by praying for the MMM, our board members, the volunteers, and the African communities served.